Celebrity hairstylist Brittney Ryan is an Orange County native and top stylist at Studio 37 salon. Her career expands over 13 years and has built a celebrity clientele, assisted renowned hairstylists, and established a long list of loyal regulars at the salon. From working on fashion shows, photoshoots, and major events, Brittney caught our eye as one of the best pros in the biz. We asked her to spill some of her tips and tricks, and she did not hold back! Celebrity hairstylist Brittney Ryan is an Orange County native and top stylist at Studio 37 salon. Her career expands over 13 years and has built a celebrity clientele, assisted renowned hairstylists, and established a long list of loyal regulars at the salon. From working on fashion shows, photoshoots, and major events, Brittney caught our eye as one of the best pros in the biz. We asked her to spill some of her tips and tricks, and she did not hold back!
1. What is the best hair tip you give to clients?
I feel like clients love buying all the wands and curling irons to achieve beachy waves but have the hardest time actually achieving the look themselves at home. So I always tell my clients to make sure to curl AWAY from the face in the front. Alternate directions in which you curl in. And to always leave the ends out when you curl to give it more of a wave rather than curl.
2. What is one hair tool you can’t live without?
Right now I’m all about the flat iron waves. So the one tool I can’t live without is the Megastar hair straightener. It leaves the hair so shiny and smooth but I love creating waves with it. I also can not live without my Mason Pearson brush.
3. What’s your personal hair routine like?
Right now because I am working on the set of LA’s Finest and I have to be at work at 5am everyday, my personal hair routine is very low maintenance. I like to air dry my hair and then smooth it out with the megastar straightener. Leaving just a little bend in it. Then the next day with the help of Label.M dry shampoo, I add a little texture and waves to it with the NuMe Lustrum 1.25in wand.
4. What’s the one product that you always have in your kit?
A dry shampoo or sea salt spray to give texture. I mainly use Label.M or Innersense mainly.
5. What’s the most insane hair request you’ve ever received?
My client and dear friend is @linabugz and for about 4 years she requested a new VERY vibrant color every couple months. So when she would ask me to take her from bright blue hair to neon green hair I tried to talk her out every time. But surprisingly she pulled off every single color and looked amazing.
6. What’s a hair myth you know is totally not true?
If you pluck out a grey hair more will NOT pop up.
7. What do you think will be the next big hair trend?
- Right now I feel like we are transitioning into ( though will Beachy un-done hair will always be a staple) more youthful and fun creative looks. Like hair flips, sleek ponytails, hair accessories, 2 toned hair color, and basically anything from the 90s.
8. What is one hair trend you wish never happened
- Chunky light and dark highlights which kind of hurts my heart because they are fully making a comeback.
9. What is your advice for aspiring celebrity hairstylists? ￼
- This is my favorite question ever. My first bit of advice is to leave your ego at the door. No matter who have done or what jobs you have done nobody wants to deal with someone with a big ego and no job is beneath you. With that being said it takes years to build up your portfolio so network network network. DM celebrity hairstylists that you love their work and ask them to keep you in mind if they ever need an assistant. Also reach out to photographers, makeup artists, and stylists and ask to collaborate and do test shoots. That’s the easiest way to build up your portfolio and show off all the different aspects of your talent. Most importantly be kind to EVERYONE. You never know who will need it that day and not to mention that’s how you will stand out in this very competitive industry.
Make sure you guys follow this celebrity stylist everyday adventure on her Instagram @brittneyryanhair, !Sign up for our exclusive promotions, products and events with our NuMe Rewards & Loyalty Program! Check out more of our blogs here!